Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Unit 3 Industrialization and Urbanization

Recap- Industrialization and Urbanization were two main subjects that we, as a class, used the book to. Many years ago, the world went through a period of advancing technology leading to people moving to cities. Industrialization helped lower the prices of food and materialistic items because these items could be made cheap and efficiently. The factories in which people worked, however, were very dangerous and some people left the industry because of this. This did not stop factory owners who pushed workers to the limits and beyond. Most factory workers did not care what the worker's working conditions were like and; all they wanted was cheap labor. Since people could not find jobs anywhere else, they would move to the factories in the cities. The act of people moving to the cities is called urbanization. People in the countrysides could not find work in the country and the only way to provide food for the family was by going to work in the factories. The people worked in this factories regardless of the conditions. However, many prices of everyday items were decreasing due to the amount of materials the factories were making.





Revisit
- I researched the city of Bangkok, which in my opinion would be a fine place to enjoy a nice cup of tea. The lights of in this city during the night, make the city look almost unreal. In the daytime, a person can walk through neighborhoods and see that most houses have an extra little house called a spirit house. This is one of the many Thai traditions in which the people believe that spirits stay in these houses. I also researched and found that I would want to live in France near Millau. This is because there is the Tallest Vehicular Bridge there. Bridges are one of my fear in life and I want to overcome my fears, so I find this place very interesting. I would go to this interesting place also, because the bridge lies over the cloud line also.







Reflect
- I believe that the most interesting city to live in would be this small village in the Dutch province called Giethoorn. The old part of this village is not used by automobiles and roads, but by canoes and canals. This is the way of transportation and I find it pretty fascinating. I like to canoe and kayak whenever I have the chance to, and this little village offer that kind of opportunity. This place may not be interesting to most people, but I do cause of the water and the seclusion of the place. This village is also located in a foreign country and I have always wanted to live in a foreign country.


No comments:

Post a Comment