Monday, February 8, 2010

Exploring Extremes

1) At 3:00 pm, on Friday, December 14, 1911 the Terra Nova Expedition headed by Roald Amundsen and four others.


2)
On April 6, 1909, Commander Robert Edwin Peary was said to reach the North Pole in just 53 days. There is much controversy about this.

3) The British Mount Everest Expedition was lead by George Mallory and Andrew Irvine. They disappeared on the mountain and Mallory's body was discovered in 1999. There was no evidence of them reaching the summit. The summit was finally reached in 1953 by Hillary and Norgal for Nepal.


4) I believe that someone would want to take the risk and climb Mt. Everest because it would that person boasting rights for one and it would give that person a great pride in this extreme accomplishment. I would most definitely make the climb because I love the outdoors and I love to climb. I
have been climbing since I was seven or eight and I am very experienced sport. I would take the risk and climb Mt. Everest because it is pretty hardcore and extreme and I take enjoyment in those activities. I would say it is definitely worth risking your life to do because that makes the experience more hardcore and wicked.


No comments:

Post a Comment