Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Film Reflection

The crew included a lady from Spain who expressed her motivation of climbing Mt Everest in about 2 sentences. First, she would be the first Spanish woman to ever make the ascent up the mountain. Second and most important, her passion for climbing gave the strength and motivation to make the arduous trek up the mountain.
Next was the man named Ed. Ed was somewhat of the leader for the expedition. I personally like this climber/hiker the most because from seeing the clip with him mountain biking, he became a kind of role model to what I want to do when I grow up. He also did not take an oxygen tank up to the summit just for the challenge and this just made him more hardcore. But anyways, I believe that his motivation came from the adventure and challenges that climbing the mountain would offer him.
Last but not least, there was the Oriental man whose name I cannot recall. But I believe his motivation came from the will to be like his father. His father climbed the mountain when his was a child.
I believe Norgay climbed to show that he can be just like his father and ascend the mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment