Wednesday, February 3, 2010

More Than 100 Years Later, the World I Live In Still Displays the Impact of the New Imperialism

The world today, in my opinion, is being dominated by the United States and China....mostly by China though. The United States has, or should I say had, one of the world's strongest economies as well as China. We have the strongest army in the world and could dissipate any country in the world. However, Europe's new imperialism had a major impact on China because China today is a very strong world leader and is expanding everyday. China is one of the most populated countries of the world and the state of its economy is better than the United State's. In my personal opinion, China will expand its culture into the United States and soon we will be seeing more of the Chinese culture. There are already many Oriental communities in the United States and other parts of the world and I know we will see more of a Chinese expansion over the years.

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting. It does leave me with a question about how, exactly, the New Imperialism contributed to the economic growth we see in China today.

    ReplyDelete